Learn how to upload videos from your computer or embed videos from YouTube, Vimeo or any other website.
What you need to know, before you begin
Uploaded videos are a part of the ebook and can be viewed without internet access. To upload a video to your ebook, optimize the video first then come back to these instructions.
Embedded videos are hosted on your own website or a video hosting website, like YouTube or Vimeo. The videos will play inside your ebook, but your readers will need to be connected to the internet in order to view the video. Note: not all video owners allow their videos to be embedded, in which case you can add a link to the video instead of embedding it.
If the ebook is a web app running in an internet browser and the video is an MP4 file, the browser's default video player is used as the controller for the video.
Add a video.
1. Click on the Video button in the interactive content panel on the right.
2. The Insert/Edit Video window will appear.
3. If you will be embedding the video from a website, select Video URL (YoutTube or MP4 video link) and go to Step 4.
If you will be uploading a video file to your ebook, select Add video file and go to Step 5.
4. Follow the instructions below for your video hosting site:
a.YouTube: Simply copy the video's web address and paste it in the Video URL field.
- Go to the Vimeo video page on your browser.
- Click on Download.
- A popup will appear with different file sizes. Right-click on the Download button, and select Copy link address.
- Go back to Kotobee and paste the web address in the Video URL field.
c. Any other website: Make certain the web address ends in.MP4, in order for the video to play properly. Then copy-paste the web address here.
Note: Check YouTube and Vimeo copyright and embedding permissions, before including them in your ebook.
You are done. You may now set the optional Layout, Design and Settings properties. See below for details. Once you're done, click Create.
5. Select your video file from your computer. Then click Open.
You may set the optional Layout, Design, and Settings properties now or at any time. See below for details. Once you're done, click Create.
- The width of the video element, with the choice of being pixel-based or percentage-based.
- The height of the video element (pixel-based only).
- Align the video element to either side and allow text to wrap beside it. Setting to 'None' centers the video element and consumes the entire horizontal space.
- Disable text-wrapping for small screens
- If text-wrap is set to left or right, this option appears. It will disable text-wrapping for small screens, allowing the video to occupy the entire row.
- Set an empty spacing around the video element. Particularly useful when wrapping text around the element.
- The CSS class to use with this video element.
- Maintain aspect ratio
- Scale the width and height proportionally when the video dimensions are too large for small screens. Note this works only when both width and height are in px units.
- The background color of the element, visible before the video is clicked for playing.
- Splash Image
- An image that will be initially displayed, before playing the video.
- Start playing the video immediately once the chapter loads.
- Hide download button
- Some browsers such as Chrome will display a 'download' button along with the video playback controls. You may optionally hide this button by checking this option.
- For LMS integration, optionally assign this video to a defined objective. You can define new objectives from the Book manager.