Learn about the Edit screen, the first screen that appears when Kotobee Author opens.
The Edit screen is where the bulk of content creation happens. Here you have all the tools to implement your ebook dream using text, media or interactive content.
From the left panel you may
- Open, import and save files.
- Add your ebook cover.
- Name your ebook.
- Manage your book's metadata: Author, Publisher, ISBN, Rights, Language, Description etc.
- Access your book's file folder.
- Add and manage your chapters as well as the table of contents.
In this panel, you will find your WYSIWYG editor and the content of your ebook. The format tools at the top of your page provide you with various ways to edit and format your text (e.g. change the font, add special characters, manage indentations, etc).
You can also click on Source Mode to get to the chapter's HTML editor. To learn more read how to Add Custom Interactivity with CSS or JS.
From the Chapter properties window, you can change the current chapter's settings.
- Make a Chapter Invisible.
- Remove a Chapter from the Table of Contents.
- Add a reading point with Start Reading Location (SRL).
- Link it to a chapter or an Anchor.
- Set the size of the chapter's page here (if the chapter is in fixed layout).
From the Split chapter button you can split your chapter into subchapters, or create a custom marker that splits a chapter whenever it appears. For more on splitting chapters refer to this article Split Your Chapters.
Open the File Manager to access this chapter's files and folders.
Get to know the Customize Screen.