Learn how to make Kotobee Author quickly autogenerate a table of contents for you. Also, learn how to format the table of contents with a few simple parameters.
Add a Table of Contents
- Click on Book Manager in the left panel.
- The Book Manager window will appear.
- Select the Table of Contents tab.
- Check Autogenerate Table of Contents page.
- The Title default is Table of Contents. You may change the title of your table of contents to anything you like simply by clicking in the Title textbox and typing the new title.
- Location (where you want the Table of Contents placed in your ebook). Select the chapter/subchapter you want the Table of Contents to come after. At beginning means it is the first page your reader sees.
- Visible in menu. Check this box if you want the table of contents listed in the table of contents.
You may click Ok now, or continue with the formatting options.
Format the Table of Contents
- From the drop-down box, select your preferred numbering or bullet system for the Chapters. If you do not want bullets, select None.
- Children List style
- From the drop-down box, select your preferred numbering or bullet system for the Subchapters. If you do not want bullets, select None.
- Select the line spacing you want between entries in the table of contents.
- Select the font size you want for the table of contents.
- You may apply your own custom CSS for the table of contents chapter. This will give you additional formatting control.
When you are done, click OK.
Preview in browser is only available for Windows, sorry Mac!