Exporting an Android app to the Google Play Store is self-intuitive. Android is the most used smartphone OS used today. To upload to the store, you need a Google Play Developer Account, which costs $25 (one-time fee). You may consider the following free options before deciding to create a Google Developer Account:
Free alternatives to have your ebook on iPad/iPhone
1) Export your ebook as an EPUB file, and send it to your users to open it through the free Kotobee Reader app available on the Google Play Store.
2) Directly upload your ebook to the Kotobee Official Library through Kotobee Author. Your users will be able to access the library through the free Kotobee Reader app available on the Google Play Store.
Visit https://play.google.com/apps/publish to proceed with your Google Play Developer account registration, and pay the $25 fee.
Creating your app
1) After logging into the Google Play Console, click on the CREATE APPLICATION button located at the top right corner.
2) Enter the details for the app in the shown dialog box.
You will be taken to the Store Listing page where you will enter all the descriptive information regarding your app. Google does an excellent job in providing guidelines for explaining the various fields and requirements.
Uploading your app release
1)After selecting your app from the "All applications" list, click on the App releases button in the left menu.
2) Under "Production track" click on the MANAGE button. This track will upload the app directly to the store. If you'd like to test the app first, you will need to use the Alpha or Beta tracks found under the Production track.
3) Click on the CREATE RELEASE button.
4) In the "App signing by Google Play" dialog box, click on CONTINUE. In the next step, you will be shown a Terms of Service page that you will need to accept.
5) Under the "Android App Bundles and APKs to add" box, select the APK file you had exported from Kotobee Author.
6) Enter a name for this release (e.g. First Launch). You may optionally enter release notes under the "What's new in this release?" box. This is particularly useful when you are uploading updates to apps. Once you're done, click on the REVIEW button at the bottom of the page.
7) In the next page, you will find the "START ROLLOUT TO PRODUCTION" button dimmed. In order to activate it and release your app to the world, you will need to go through the sections "Store listing", "Content rating", "Price & distribution" and fill in the mandatory fields in each of those sections. Whenever you complete any of those sections, the check icon appearing next to its menu item will turn green.
8) Once you're done, go back to the app page, and click on the "START ROLLOUT TO PRODUCTION" button.
9) Now your app will appear in the app store. If you need to adjust any information for the app's page on the store, click on the "Store listing" button under "Store presense" in the left menu. Make sure to pay attention to the Feature image and the Screenshots.
Testing your Android app
If you would like to test your Android app, in the "App releases" page, instead of uploading your APK instead of clicking on MANAGE for the Production track, you will click on MANAGE for the Beta or Alpha tracks. This will allow you to upload your app and select particular devices/users to test the app, and then later on move the app up to production to make it public for all users.