Learn how to manage your library's categories in Kotobee Author. Categories or genres help you organize your library ebooks, and provides your users with easier navigation throughout your library.
For a quick explanation on how to manage your library's categories, watch this video:
To start managing your library:
- Go to the Manage tab.
- Click Libraries in the left panel.
- Select your library from the drop-down list.
- For library management, you will spend most of your time in this part of Kotobee Author.
Assigning a category
To assign an ebook to a category:
- Click on Books in the left column, you will see a category dropdown list for each ebook in the list.
- Simply select the category you would like to assign from there.
Creating new categories
To create a new category:
- Click on Categories in the left column menu.
This screen shows you a listing of all the categories available in your library. New libraries you should contain no categories by default.
- Type in a name of a category and click Add category. You will see the new category in the list. Here are the available actions for each category:
- Edit: Edits the name of the category.
- Users: Displays users who have permissions to access this category. This will take you to the library Users subsection.
- Promo Codes: Displays promo codes that have permissions to access this category. This will take you to the library Promo Codes subsection.
- Delete: You can delete any category by clicking on this button.
You may assign subcategories to categories. It is done by assigning a parent to a category, leading to the same result. This may be done from the Parent column. Click the drop-down menu to see a list of all categories in the library. By selecting any one of them, the category will appear to be a descendant (child) of its parent in the library. To unset a category's parent, simply select None from the drop-down menu.
You may decide to use categories as folders rather than book genres. This is especially wise when creating different payment plans to access different categories of books (free, basic, premium, etc...). In this case, you can hide the categories from appearing in the user interface from the Customize subsection.