Learn how to add widgets to your ebook.
For an introduction on what widgets are, please make sure you've read the Widgets article.
How do I add page widgets?
If you'd like to add popup widgets, head on to Add a Popup Widget.
- Download a widget from any website, then come back to Kotobee.
- Click the Widget button in the interactive content panel on the right of the Edit Screen.
The Insert/Edit Widget window will open.
- Click on Page Widget.
- Click Add Widget File.
- Select the widget's zip file from your computer, then click Open.
After you add the widget file, some optional settings will appear:
- Width and Height
- Set the width and height of the app in pixels or as a percent of the original size.
- Set the amount of white space (in pixels) that you'd like around your app.
- If you're using reflowable layout, which option would you like?
- The app alone on a line without any text surrounding it, for that select None.
- The app on the left and text on the right, for that select Push left.
- The app on the right and text on the left, for that select Push right.
- If you're adding CSS or Java customization, add the class here.
- If your app is interactive, check this box.
- If your app is larger than the space allotted for it in your ebook, add scrolling.
- Click Create.
For Popup Widgets The widget's button will appear in the Edit screen.
For Page Widgets The widget itself will appear in the Edit screen.
Widgets can be linked to from any part of the ebook, no matter the chapter. For more on how to link to widgets within a chapter go here to add Links.
If you're building your own widget with Adobe Animate or Google Web Designer, then follow these instructions to Add Your Interactive Animation or HTML5 App.