Learn how to export your ebook as a Windows Desktop App.
Why export as a Desktop App?
Exporting your ebook as a Desktop App allows your readers to view your book from their computers. Instructional ebooks, particularly ones with complex diagrams are better viewed on a wide screen. That's why desktop apps are commonly used in schools, training centers, libraries etc.
This format will run on all Windows machines including older ones. If you are targeting 64-bit Windows machines, exporting to Windows 64-bit may give a better performance and hence user experience. For larger coverage of your distribution, we advise exporting to both formats. When exporting to Windows Desktop, you will be given a collection of files, including an executable (.exe) file named accordingly. You may add a Windows icon (.ico file) to provide better branding for your application. The ebook can be run by simply double-clicking on the executable file.
To export desktop apps:
- Click on Export in the header bar to go to the export screen.
- Click on Export Desktop App in the left column.
- Fill in an Application Name.
- Add an App logo if you'd like to create a shortcut icon for your desktop app.
- Choose Windows.
- Click on Create to choose where you want to save it, then Save.