Learn how to combine Kotobee projects into one ebook, or insert one chapter from one of your ebooks into another. Although not an original feature, Kotobee users want it and we have a way to do it. The feature exists for EPUB files, and Kotobee files are essentially epub files. So we will rename the Kotobee (KPUB2) file and continue as we would for an epub file. We'll show you how here.
Rename the file on your computer.
1. Windows: Open File Explorer.
Mac: Open Finder.
2. Find the project that you want to insert in your ebook.
3. Select the file by clicking on it once.
Windows: Click on the file name once again. (or right click and select Rename).
Mac: Press Enter.
4. The file name should now be editable.
5. In the extension, replace kpub2 with epub.
6. Press Enter.
7. A warning message may appear, "If you change a file name extension, the file might become unusable. Are you sure you want to change it?" Do not worry, kpub2 files are similar to epub files and will not affect your ebook content or layout. Click Yes.
6. Now simply follow the instructions for Importing EPUB.
Combining projects directly in Kotobee Author is scheduled to be released in the next version of Kotobee Author. In the meantime, follow the simple steps above.
Anytime you want an extra feature added to Kotobee Author, tell us, and we'll make it happen for you.