Learn how to add a link to an asset in the same chapter or a widget in any chapter.
- Select the text you want your readers to click.
- Click on the Link icon in the right interactive content panel.
The Insert/Edit Link window will appear.
- Select Action from the far right. The settings for action links will appear below.
- Select what you want to happen when the reader clicks on the text from the Action drop-down menu:
- The asset will be activated or played depending on its type:
- Image animations will be activated.
- Audio will play.
- Video will play.
- Widgets will open in a pop-window.
- Toggle visibility
- The asset will appear and disappear when the reader clicks on the text.
If you want the asset to not show until the reader clicks on the text, go to the assets panel and hide the asset. Learn how in Manage Your Chapter's Assets.
Naturally, we can only see the asset appear and disappear if it's in the same chapter we're on. So when you select this option, only the assets for the current chapter will be listed.
- Select the chapter you want the reader to go to from the Chapter drop-down box to link to a widget.
- Select your asset from the Asset drop-down box.
If you selected a chapter different to where the assets are, only popup widgets will be listed in the assets.
- Click Create and you're done.