Learn how to update a detached hosted ebook.
After you update your ebook, follow these instructions to first delete the old version, then re-export the updated version. Instructions follow.
Delete the Old Hosted Ebook
- Click on the Manage tab.
The Manage screen will open.
- Click on Hosted Ebooks from the left panel.
All your hosted ebooks will be listed in the main panel.
- Locate the ebook to be deleted.
- Click Delete, below the ebook name.
A confirmation window will appear.
- Click OK.
Your ebook is no longer on the server.
Export the Updated Ebook
- Click on the Export tab.
The Export screen will open.
- Select Host Online from the left panel.
- Enter a subdomain name that users can use to access your ebook in the Alias textbox.
The alias must be unique and not less than 4 characters.
If the alias is valid, a green Available label will appear.
- Click Upload.
The upload may take a moment.
When it has been uploaded, a notification window will appear, informing you that your ebook is now hosted on our servers. It is not yet published.
- Click the green Publish now button.
Your ebook is now online for anyone to read.
If you click Close, your ebook will remain on our servers, but you will need to publish it from the Manage tab for your readers to be able to see it.