Learn how to set the listing of restricted access ebooks in your library.
Ebooks are listed in libraries with book cover thumbnails and if clicked the book info appears.
To see your ebook's preview, navigate to Manage>Libraries>Books and click on the Dashboard button below the ebook title. You will find your ebook's preview page on the right side of the main screen.
To edit the book info displayed, go to the Book Manager in the Edit Screen. Learn how to edit your book info.
Kotobee Library provides you several previewing options for users with or without access privileges:
- Only show books previews of books the user is authorized to view.
- Show book previews for books the user is authorized to view in a separate tab, labeled "My Books."
Books the user is not authorized to view will appear in the tab labeled "Library" You may optionally add a locked badge to books without authorization and provide a link to a page to assist the user in gaining access.
- Show all book previews.
You may optionally add a locked badge to books the user is not authorized to view and provide a link to a page to assist the user in gaining access.
- Show book previews for all books even when the user is not logged on.
The instructions below will guide you to set all these options:
- Click on the Manage tab.
The Manage screen will open.
- Click on Libraries in the left panel.
- Select Settings from the Libraries menu in the left panel.
- Select your library from the drop-down menu in the top bar.
- Under Book permissions, click Private.
Several options will be activated for you:
- Allow browsing allows users to view book previews without being logged in.
- Show all books displays all book previews, but only opens books that the user is authorized to access.
- Show authorized books under 'My Books' tab displays books that the user is authorized to access in a separate tab labeled "My books."
- Show authorized books only displays previews of books the user is authorized to access. All other previews do not appear in the library.
- Unauthorized book redirect link enter here the URL for a web page to assist the user in gaining access.
- Click Save changes.
A confirmation window will appear. "The changes have been saved successfully."