Learn how to add a drag and drop question.
The reader is requested to drag certain words or phrases into their correct boxes (i.e. categories). All the words or phrases should be in their correct respective boxes in order for the answer to be marked as correct. If only one item is placed incorrectly, the entire answer is marked incorrect. Drag and drop questions are available for paid authors only.
- Go to the toolbox on the right-hand side of the screen and click on the Questions button.
The Insert/Edit Questions window will appear.
- Enter a Title for the questions. This title will appear as the heading for the questions module.
- Select how the users receive the answers. Response:
- Score only: Displays a score for the user after the answers are submitted.
- Score and answer report: Displays a detailed score report showing the correct and incorrect answers.
- Do nothing: Neither scores, nor answers are given.
- Click on the Drag and Drop button to add to your questions component. You can add as many questions as you like.
- Fill in the question text that will appear at the beginning,
- You will find one category created by default. Name this category, and add the words or phrases that are associated with this category. You can add more by clicking on Add extra item. To add an extra category, click inside the Add an extra category box.
For each question, you can apply the following additions:
- Add image: Displays an image as part of the question.
- Add answer explanation: Displays further information/explanation after the questions are submitted. The explanation will appear in both cases: whether the question is answered correctly or incorrectly and will appear under the answer choices.
- Add reference: Guide the user to an external source through a "Learn more" button. This will appear right below the explanation (explained above) once the user's answers have been submitted.
- Score weight: You can assign different weights for different questions in Kotobee Author. The default weight is 1. If all questions have the same score weight, this makes all the questions equal in terms of importance. In general, more important questions should receive higher score weights.
- Click on Create finalizes the questions portion.