Learn how Kotobee Services may help you, on a rainy day!
Kotobee is a self-service platform, with a lot of self-help guiding you along the way of creating and publishing your ebook. For difficulty and struggles, a customer support team is available to answer any questions you may have, for no additional charge. These questions may be asked directly from inside Kotobee Author, by email, through a support ticket, or through the live chat widget on our website.
Instead, a Kotobee Services team is dedicated for these kinds of tasks. If you feel overwhelmed or wasting a lot of time getting something done, even if it's the entire ebook, our Kotobee Services team can handle that. Their scope of work covers:
- Consultation for ebook content and formats
- Converting between ebook formats
- Designing visual ebook layouts, optionally based on brand guidelines you provide
- Creating illustrations, animations, and design elements for your ebook
- Scripting interactivity for behaviors you choose
- Developing custom book widgets
- Publishing your ebook to different formats
The process is very simple, and is sequenced as follows:
- You send an inquiry through www.kotobee.com/contact (make sure to select Service Inquiry from the Request dropdown). In your inquiry, you need to describe carefully what service you need.
- You will receive a reply from an account manager, who will either ask for more details through a questionnaire or request an online meeting to have a better understanding.
- You will receive a quote for the project, listing what will be done specifically, the deliverable you will receive, the price, what needs to be paid upfront (if any), and the duration.
- If it's a lengthy project, it may be divided into milestones. You will receive updates from time to time.
- If an upfront payment is required, you may the payment and send any files that are needed for the work to be done.
- You receive the deliverable after its ready.
- You pay once you're satisfied.
- To give you an expectation for ebook-design related projects, you may provide content as a draft text document (e.g. Word, PDF) while marking places where you would like to see an image, or animation, etc.
- Some projects may require full upfront payment, while some others may not. It depends on the scale of the project and the amount of work investment required from the team.
- For projects related to design (i.e. illustrations, animations, ebook layouts), you will receive mock-ups first to have an idea where things are heading. There is no risk involved. You can reject the mockup and ask for en entirely different theme. Through several iterations, there will be agreement over the direction of the designs.