Learn how to use Zapier to write newly registered users from your cloud ebook or library into a Google Sheet of your choice.
Say you want to record every new user added to your Kotobee account in a Google Sheet. In this article we will walk you through the required steps.
Zapier is required for this integration. To learn more about integrating with Zapier, read: Integrate with Zapier.
1. Click on Make a Zap! button in your dashboard.
2. Now you need to select the app that will start the flow in this zap. In our case, type in the search field "Kotobee" and click on Kotobee icon to select our app.
3. Now, you will choose the trigger event. A trigger event is the event that happens in Kotobee at which you want the flow to start. At the time of writing this article, there are two triggers: New User, and User Deleted. For this example, select New User.
4. The next step is to sign up in Kotobee. If you've passed through this step before, you'll find your account in the dropdown list. If this is your first time here, choose Add a New Account.
5. A new window will open asking you to enter your Kotobee Serial Number. Follow instructions here to find your own Serial. If you don't have a Kotobee account yet, please click here to sign up for free.
6. After giving Zapier permission to access our account, the next tab will list your Kotobee resources. Here you select the resource you want Zapier to be notified each time a user is added to it. Select the resource type and wait for the resource list to be loaded.
7. Now everything is done on Kotobee side, the last step is to test the connection. Click the Test & Continue button.
8. If everything is okay, move on and choose Google Sheets app in Do this.. part.
9. Choose the action event. An action event is what you want to happen next after the user is added. In our case, choose Create Spreadsheet Row.
10. Next you will have to give Zapier permission to access your Google Drive.
11. Now is the most interesting part. Here you link the new user details coming from Kotobee with the respective columns in your Google Sheet. This step requires that you've added some headers to the sheet columns. In our example sheet, we've added these four columns: Email, Date Created, Cloud Id, and Active.
Click the button on the right of each field to choose the user field (coming from Kotobee) that you want to be inserted in this column.
12. Click Continue to move on to the test step.
13. Click Test & Continue button. If everything goes fine, a success message will appear saying that a test row is added to the spreadsheet you've selected.
14. Finally, you have to turn the zap on. Click the ON/OFF button at the bottom of the screen (or on the top right) and wait for it to turn ON.