This release brings many bug fixes, improvements, and some new features.
Share and Smart Embed
You can now give your readers an easy and creative way to share your ebook through social media channels, as well as smartly embed it in their own webpages.
Using smart embed, your ebook cover will appear in the user's website, and clicking on it will open your ebook directly inside their website in a popup overlay.
The share option exists in the Settings menu. However, you may additionally show it in the bottom tab bar, by enabling the Share tab option from the Customization Tabs menu in Kotobee Author.
Parent Chapters Expanded By Default
If your ebook has parent chapters, you now have the option to have those parent chapters expanded by default.
Mini-app workflow enhancements
There has been plenty of improvements with mini-apps, their editors, and the overall workflow for configuring your mini-apps. We have also added enhancements to the user experience of existing mini-apps, and getting ready to release a new batch very soon.
Extended Bulk User Import
If you are bulk importing users into your cloud ebook or library using Excel sheets, we have added support for extra user fields: Organization, Department, Country, and Additional Info.
Kotobee Reader Apps Updated
Kotobee Reader Apps for Windows, Mac OS, Android, and iOS have all been updated successfully, with added support for displaying mini-apps and freehand drawings.
This is not to mention that this release carries plenty of fixes to issues delivered by the major 1.7.0 release. Here are the most common bugs:
- MOBI export used to break with chapters linked using anchors
- Saving a library customization sometimes would delete customization images
- Adding mini-apps to an EPUB broke the EPUBCheck validation
- Highlighting a word containing punctuation broke Wikipedia/Google lookup in the reader
- Freehand drawing on mobile was not aligned with the position of the cursor
- Callback URL (webhooks) was not working due to a recent update
- Print function broke in a few complex scenarios
- iOS mobile apps froze at the start screen