Learn how to manage your Cloud ebooks.
Once you've created a cloud ebook, you may manage all of the ebook's aspects through the Manage tab in Kotobee Author. Select Cloud Ebooks from the left-side menu. You will be able to select an ebook from a list of all your created cloud ebooks.
Click on Settings in the left column under Cloud Ebooks. You will be taken to the cloud ebook's properties screen.
- Ebook URL: This is the URL you would like to use as a reference page for your cloud ebook. This URL will be sent in user activation emails. If you are planning to export your ebook as an offline app, it is recommended to include links to the app in this URL. If you leave this field empty, no URL will be sent in the user activation emails.
- Enable in Can: Connects to an LRS to report activities in the library. For more information, please refer to the Integrating with an LMS knowledge-base article.
The most important settings for cloud ebooks are those regarding permissions and user access. You may edit the book permissions to allow/disallow public access to the ebook. For private books, you can provide access to specific users, which we will show you later. By default, however, the Book permissions will be set to Public. Setting them to Private will enable new options for you:
- Login using promo code: This option only shows the fields that will be used for user login. There are two methods for users to access private libraries:
- Using an email/password combination
- Using promo codes.
You may select which login methods you want to enable for your library. This way only the relevant fields will be shown in the app.
- Synchronize annotations with backend: This option will store the user’s notes, bookmarks, and highlights on the server. Whenever the user signs in, all their annotations will be retrieved from the server. Unchecking this option will cause the annotations to be stored only locally.
- Self-registration: This option allows users to sign-up by themselves in order to access the cloud ebook.
- Request admin approval first: This option appears only if Self-registration is checked. You (the administrator) will be sent an email to approve the user once they register themselves.
- Device DRM: This option will limit the number of devices that can access this ebook. Once checked, you may enter the maximum number of devices per user in the appearing text field. You may also clear all the registered devices.
Click on the Users item on the menu. If the ebook is public, you will first need to set it to private in order to allow specific users access. You can add more users from the user management panel that will appear.
- You can add users using their email addresses and click on + Add user.
- You can activate users yourself, or send them an email with an activation link to activate their account themselves.
- You can add users in bulk by clicking on the Actions button and selecting Import from XLS.
- If you would like to integrate with an external system, we do provide an Integration API to add/edit/delete users through simple URL requests.
Click on the Settings submenu. With cloud ebooks, users should be able to receive notifications and password reset codes in their emails. The emails are sent using Kotobee's servers, with the sender being Kotobee's name and email. By default, the emails contain Kotobee's logo and signature. For branding reasons, you may prefer to have the emails sent using your name, and contain your logo and signature in the email body, which you can accomplish by filling the different email settings in this section.
Deleting a cloud ebook
Deleting a cloud ebook includes deleting all its affiliated data such as subscribed users, notes, bookmarks, highlights, etc. Any exported ebooks relying on this cloud ebook will lose access permanently. Deleting a cloud ebook is an irreversible action. In the same Kotobee Cloud screen, you can delete a cloud ebook by clicking on the Delete button next to the cloud ebook. You will receive two warnings before the action is taken.