Learn how to give a group of users the same access privileges, by creating a user role and granting it access permissions to select books or categories.
First we will create a role, then chance the access permissions for that role.
Sample roles for your library
- HOD, Teacher, TA, Student
- HR, Project Manager, Staff
- Students - Level 1, Students - Level 2, etc.
Create a Role
- Click on the Manage tab.
The Manage screen will open.
- Click on Libraries in the left panel.
- Select your library from the drop-down menu in the top bar.
- Select User Roles from the Libraries menu in the left panel.
- Type in the name of the new role in the text box in the upper right corner.
- Click +Add user role.
A confirmation window will appear. "User role added successfully."
Now, we will select the books and categories that the new role can view.
- Click on the role's Permissions button.
An Edit Permissions window will open.
The books that the role has permissions to access are listed at the top of the window.
- If All is listed, then click on the red minus - button.
You may return global access at any time, by returning to this window and clicking "Add global access over library".
- In the Book or Category text field, start typing in the name of the book or category that you want to give the user access to.
A list of possible matches will appear. Select the ebook or category.
- Click Add.
The new permissions will instantly appear in the list at the top of the window.
You may add more books or categories now.
- Click Ok.
The changes will take place instantly.