Learn how to retrieve the log file to send to support for troubleshooting.
The log file tracks important steps that you make in Kotobee Author, and records any errors that have happened along the way. In many times, it is useful for support to pinpoint errors. You may also use it yourself by searching for keywords such as "error".
Enabling the Log
By default, logging is disabled as it may affect performance. To enable it, follow these steps.
- Click on the Support menu.
- Select Enable Logging.
- A confirmation message will appear.
Sending the Log to Support
- Enable logging.
- From the Support menu, select Show Log.
- A text file will open showing the log.
- Save the file, and send it to [email protected] as an attachment. Mention in the email which issue this log is for.
Once you no longer have a need for the log, it's best to disable it. You may disable it by selecting Disable Logging from the Support menu.