Learn how to customize your answer's options when it comes to answering questions.
It is important to learn the capabilities of the Questions tool, and how the different options would fit your requirements. To edit options, follow these steps.
- Go to the toolbox on the right-hand side of the screen and click on the Questions button.
The Insert/Edit Questions window will appear.
- Click on the Options button. The following options will help you customize your answers:
- Clear Button: Displays a clear button that will erase all the marked answers.
- Preserve Button: Displays a checkbox that will optionally preserve the marked answers when going to other chapters in the book.
- Highlight Answers: Highlights the correct answers once the user submits his answers.
- Randomize: Randomizes the ordering of the questions every time the ebook is opened.
- Right-to-left: Adjusts the direction of questions and answers to right-to-left, for languages such as Arabic
- Language: Sets a the language to use when displaying submission buttons and answer reports.
- Passing Score: The least score required to pass the test. The user will be given a pass/fail message in the report accordingly. If this field is left blank, then no pass/fail message will be given, but only the user's score. The passing score depends on the Total score (see next). This field is left blank by default.
- Total score: The user's score will be calculated as a fraction of the value entered here. If you create 4 questions, each with a score weight of 1, and then enter a total score of 100 for this question module, each of the 4 questions will receive a score of 25.
- Answer only once: If the ebook is running as a SCORM component, with this checked, the user will be able to answer the questions only once and locked out from answering again.
- Add to objective: Assign this question module to a defined objective for LMS integration. Objectives may be added from the Book manager.
- Send to email: The answers are sent to an email of your choice, such as a teacher's email. The user's email is sent along as well. This option requires that the ebook is a cloud or library ebook, and the user is logged into the ebook with the appropriate credentials. For more information, please see the knowledge-based article Understanding cloud ebooks.
- Questions displayed: Displays a limited number of questions from the pool of questions you have entered. Add the amount of questions you'd like to display.
- Customize the options as you see fit and click on Create if you're done.
If you don't know how to do so yet, click here to learn how to add questions to your ebook.