Learn about setting the passing and total scores in questions.
Passing Score and Total Score
- Passing Score: The least score required to pass the test. The user will be given a pass/fail message in the report accordingly. If this field is left blank, then no pass/fail message will be given, but only the user's score. The passing score depends on the Total score (see next). This field is left blank by default.
- Total score: The user's score will be calculated as a fraction of the value entered here. If you create 4 questions, each with a score weight of 1, and then enter a total score of 100 for this question module, each of the 4 questions will receive a score of 25.
Set the Passing Score and Total Score
- Go to the toolbox on the right-hand side of the screen and click on the Questions button.
The Insert/Edit Questions window will appear.
- Click on the Options button.
- Go to Total score. It's set to 100 by default.
If you'd like to adjust it, fill in the empty space to the score you want.
- Go to Passing score. It's empty by default.
- Type in what you'd like the passing score to be from.
- Click on Create if you're done.
If you don't know how to do so yet, click here to learn how to add questions to your ebook.