Learn how to integrate your cloud ebook or library with Facebook, for a better user login experience.
What is Facebook Login
Facebook provides secure SSO (Single Sign-On) on the cloud, linking all your apps, logins, and devices into a unified space. It gives access to many applications with a single login.
After enabling Facebook SSO, Facebook users will be able to seamlessly log into your library or cloud ebook without entering a password, under one of these two conditions:
- They are already added as users to your library or cloud ebook manually (e.g. through Kotobee Author)
- You have your library or cloud ebook enabled for self-registration
Steps to Use Facebook SSO
In order to use Facebook for Single Sign-On, you need to have a Facebook developer account.
To enable SSO for your library or cloud ebook, follow the instructions below.
Create a Facebook App
Have your library or ebook app URL ready.
If your library or ebook app is hosted with Kotobee, then the URL will be in the form of https://yoursubdomain.kotobee.com. Otherwise, it will be the URL that you have exported your library or ebook app files to. That URL will be referred to in some of the steps below as YOUR_URL.
- Add a new Application from Developer Console > My Apps > Add a New App
- Select For Everything Else when asked under the Create an App ID prompt
- Set App Display Name and click Create App ID
- You'll be redirected to you App Page. To add a Product, under Facebook Login click Set Up
- Set Application Type to Web
Set Site URL to YOUR_URL and click Save then Continue
From the left-side panel, Expand Settings and click Basic
Under App Domains, add YOUR_URL.
Copy your App ID. That value will be entered at Kotobee Author.
From the left-side panel, Expand Facebook Login and click Settings
Under Valid OAuth Redirect URIs, add the following URLs:
Click Save Changes
Enable Facebook SSO in Kotobee Author
Open Kotobee Author. Go into your library or cloud ebook settings, and click on the Single sign-on tab.
Click on the Enable button under Facebook.
Enter the App ID and hit Save Changes at the bottom.
You do not need to re-export your library or ebook app if you enable or disable SSO. The reader will pick up this change automatically.