Learn how to integrate your cloud ebook or library with Auth0, for a better user login experience
What is Auth0
Auth0 provides secure SSO (Single Sign-On) on the cloud, linking all your apps, logins, and devices into a unified space. It gives access to many applications with a single login.
After enabling Auth0 SSO, Auth0 users will be able to seamlessly log into your library or cloud ebook without entering a password, under one of these two conditions:
- They are already added as users to your library or cloud ebook manually (e.g. through Kotobee Author)
- You have your library or cloud ebook enabled for self-registration
Steps to Use Auth0 SSO
In order to use Auth0 for Single Sign-On, you need to have an Auth0 account. After logging into your account, you will be able to add users into your organization through Dashboard > User Management > Users > Create User.
To enable SSO for your library or cloud ebook, follow the instructions below.
Create an Auth0 App
Have your library or ebook app URL ready.
If your library or ebook app is hosted with Kotobee, then the URL will be in the form of https://yoursubdomain.kotobee.com. Otherwise, it will be the URL that you have exported your library or ebook app files to. That URL will be referred to in some of the steps below as YOUR_URL.
- Add a new Application from Dashboard > Applications > Create Application
- Set Application Type to Single Page Web Applications
You'll be redirected to you App Page. Click Settings
Copy both your Domain and Client ID. These values will be entered at Kotobee Author.
Under the Allowed Callback URLs, add the following comma-separated URLs:
Under Allowed Logout URLs, add the following comma-separated:
- Under Allowed Web Origins, add the following comma-separated:
- Under Allowed Origins (CORS), add the following comma-separated:
Click Save Changes
Enable Auth0 SSO in Kotobee Author