Learn how to start a new ebook, when Kotobee Author opens or when Kotobee is open and you would like to start a new project.
Each time Kotobee Author opens, you will find the following popup window.
From this window you may
1. Start a new ebook from scratch, from the main window.
2. Open or import a project from various formats, from the bottom panel.
3. Continue working on a recent file in Kotobee Author, from the left panel.
If you close the welcome popup window without making a selection, a new ebook is automatically opened with one chapter set to reflowable layout.
Start a new ebook from scratch
From the welcome popup window
1. Select the best layout for your new ebook: Reflowable or Fixed Layout. The default is reflowable.
To learn more about the two layouts read Understanding reflowable and fixed layouts.
2. The popup will disappear and your new ebook will open with one chapter already added.
3. You may begin adding text and interactive content.
While working on another project
1. If you are working on a project and would like to stop working on it to start a new one, save your work by pressing the Save icon in the upper left corner.
If you do not, the following Confirmation dialogue box will open.
2. Then click on the New ebook icon in the upper left corner.
3. The welcome popup window will appear again. Proceed as above.
Import your project from other formats.
You may also import your project from other formats to start working on it in Kotobee Author.
Read the detailed instructions for your file type: