Learn why you should export your ebooks as Mobile apps with the help of Kotobee Author.
Why export your ebook as a Mobile App?
Exporting your ebook as a Mobile app allows you to get your ebook out straight to your user without the need to go through hoops with publishing platforms, or requiring your users to install an ebook reader to read your ebook on. Mobile apps are combinations of both your ebook and a Kotobee Reader making it both convenient and easy to read on smart phones and tablets.
The app creation process
Generating a mobile app is a complex process, especially when targeting different device platforms.
Kotobee Author supports exporting to three different mobile platforms:
- Windows Phone
Unlike the other export formats, the creation process for mobile apps happens on our servers rather than your machine. Therefore, you will not instantly receive the app, but you will need to wait a few minutes until the app has completed its generation workflow on our servers. When the app generation is complete, you will be sent an email notification with the download link for the app.
To track the status of the app in the generation workflow:
- Go to the Manage screen from the header bar.
- Click on Apps in the left menu.
There are 5 different phases, represented by different statuses. Any status change will cause an email notification to be sent to you.
- Pending: The app is in the queue and waiting for its turn to build. The duration of this phase depends on the congestion of the queue. Apps are served at a first come first server basis.
- Building: The app has actually started building. This phase should take a few minutes at most.
- Complete: The app has finished building and is available for download.
- Rejected: For some reason, the app has failed to compile. An error message will be sent.
- Expired: The app has expired and no longer available. This may happen with completed apps that have been left for a long time without being downloaded.
App generation requires mobile app credit in your account. After the generation process is successful and you have received the app file, one credit is deducted per operating system. To see the number of credits you have and the number of credits required for app creation:
- Go back to the Export screen.
- Click on Export Mobile App.
- The footer will show you your required credits and available credits.
For detailed instructions on how to export your mobile app on each platform, please refer to these articles:
- Export an iOS app to the App Store
- Export an Android App to the Google Play Store
- Export a Windows Phone App
Note: If you want to distribute your ebook app privately or for sale, you'll need Kotobee Cloud Services. For more information on this feature, please refer to Understanding Cloud Ebooks.