Learn how to resolve PDF file errors. These errors occur when you try to import a PDF file into your ebook.
When importing a PDF file, Kotobee displays an error message and the file does not import. Possible messages:
- A PDF file must be selected. Please try again.
- The PDF file you selected does not exist. Please try again.
- To import a PDF file on Mac, a package needs to be installed on your system. For help, please refer to Import a PDF file in Mac OS.
Note: If the error message says you need JAVA and you already have JAVA, read Installing Java JDK.
The PDF file is most likely corrupt and may not be compliant with PDF standards. So, the file may open with some PDF readers, but not all. Kotobee Author requires that the PDF be PDF/A or PDF/X compliant.
To solve the problem, simply regenerate the PDF with a different software. The simplest way is to print to PDF. Here's how:
1. Open the PDF file in any PDF reader or internet browser.
2. Go to the Print window.
3. Change your printer. Select "Microsoft Print to PDF".
4. A window will pop up for you select where you want to save the file and name it. Save it.
5. Go back to Kotobee Author and import the new PDF file.