Learn how to add a link to anywhere in your ebook, whether the start of a chapter or the middle of a page.
Simply follow these steps:
- Select the text you want to turn into a link.
- Click on the Link icon in the right panel.
The Insert/Edit Link window will appear.
- Select To Book Location.
- Select the chapter you want to link to from the Chapter drop-down box.
- Select where in the chapter you want the link to go from the Target drop-down box.
You will find Beginning of chapter is always an option, that's followed by any anchors you've placed in the chapter.
(To learn more about adding anchors, read how to Add an Anchor.)
- a) If you're linking to Beginning of chapter, you will get Hide linked anchors as an option. Hide linked anchors will hide anchors you've already linked to in the same chapter.
b) If you're linking to an Anchor, you'll get two options: Hide linked anchors and Two-way linking. Two-way linking will make the anchor you're linking to, link back to the original link.
Optional: Add a CSS Class ID.
- Click Create and you're done.