Welcome to Kotobee. We’re excited about every new project and want to make the process easy for you. We’ll quickly take you through the main steps to get your ideas out of your dreams and into a publishable interactive ebook.
Kotobee Author allows you to write a new ebook or edit an old one and add interactive content.
1. Begin Your Project.
- If you want to begin from scratch, select the best layout for you: Reflowable layout or Fixed layout.
- If you already started your project and want to build on it, select your file type to begin importing: epub, pdf, or html.
2. Organize Your Chapters.
- Add chapters and subchapters.
- Rename, reorder, copy or delete chapters.
- Promote and demote chapters and subchapters.
3. Add text.
Format your text as you would in any word processor.
4. Add and customize interactive content.
- 3d images
- Image galleries
- Pop-up windows
5. Preview your chapter anytime as you work.
If you will distribute your ebook on Kindle or as an EPUB, or PDF file, then you're done creating your ebook and skip ahead to Export.
If you will create an ebook web, desktop or mobile app, then continue on to Customize to design your app's appearance and features.
Kotobee Author allows you to customize the appearance, functionality and branding of your new app at any time. With Kotobee ebook web, desktop and mobile apps, your readers enjoy a complete solution: an ebook with a built-in reader that you as the author customized specifically for the ebook.
1. In the Design panel, you can
- Brand your app.
- Add a startup image.
- Design your color scheme.
2. In the Components panel, you can add and adjust many extra capabilities and features for your app.
- App Language
- Google Analytics
- Text-to-Speech Language
- Google Lookup
- Wikipedia Lookup and Language
- Social media sharing
- User permissions for copying, saving and printing.
3. In the Tabs panel, you can choose which buttons appear at the bottom of your user's screen. You can also create your own tabs with custom functions.
In the main window, of the customize screen, view and test out emulations of your new ebook app on various platforms and devices.
Kotobee Author allows you to publish your ebook in an unprecedented number of formats quickly and easily.
- Web HTML5 App
- Windows Application
- Mac OS Application
- Chrome App
- Android App
- iOS App
- Windows Phone
- SCORM Packages
- EPUB 3.0
- Kindle (Mobi)
Some export formats, like web, desktop, and mobile apps, require a reader, so we’ve embedded it for you. Your apps will run smoothly and seamlessly.
1. When you’re finished designing your interactive ebook app, go to the Export Tab to publish it.
2. From the left menu choose the platform and more options will appear.
3. Select the platform you want and click Generate apps.
Kotobee Author will generate the app for you. Your interactive ebook is done and ready to publish!
Kotobee Author allows you to manage many aspects of your ebook or ebook library even after you've successfully published it using the Manage tab.
- Create a library and customize its settings.
- Add and edit user roles or permissions in an ebook or library.
- Enable Tin-Can API for books or libraries.
- Publish or unpublish hosted ebooks.
- Download an online ebook to edit locally.
We’re happy you’ll start using Kotobee Author and are here to support you. You'll find us in the
- Quick Tour inside the software.
- Knowledge Base providing you with guides for every step.
- Community Forum.
- Live Chats waiting to answer your questions.
We’re everywhere you need us, to make writing interactive ebooks easy and fun for you.