Start a new topic

Kotobee File becomes corrupt

Me and a coworker are building an ebook and both he and I have both experienced trying to reopen an existing Kotobee file only to find it corrupt and completely won't open. Is there a reason this is happening and is there a cure?

Hi Dave. 

I apologize for the inconvenience this caused.

This happens when your computer has shutdown immediately while the software is writing a file. Did this happen in your case?

Try to follow the steps mentioned here: http://support.kotobee.com/support/solutions/articles/8000054647-repairing-a-corrupt-file

If that doesn't help, just let me know.

Thank you for your reply. If this happens again I'll be sure to try the content from the link you sent. Actually the files did not become corrupt after a shutdown. I would probably expect that to happen. But in both cases for me and my co worker, on two separate occasions, we simply saved our file for the day and then could not open the file the next day to continue work. We do save often, but the file was corrupt and would not open. He and I are on separate networks too, he on a pc and me on a Mac. Anyway, hopefully this won't happen again, but if so, I'm glad there may be something that can recover a corrupt file. Thanks so much for your intel. -Dave

Login or Signup to post a comment